Meaning

“I can't imagine how” 是一个常用的英语表达,表示说话者对某件事情感到难以置信或难以想象。这个短语通常用于强调某种情况的复杂性或难度,让听者知道说话者对该情况的震惊或惊讶。 例如,当某人听到一位朋友在极短的时间内完成了一个非常困难的任务时,他们可能会说:“I can't imagine how you did it.” 这句话的意思就是“我无法想象你是怎么做到的。” 通过使用这个短语,表达了对朋友能力的钦佩或对事件本身复杂性的感慨。 在日常交流中,这个短语可以用于各种场景,例如:
  • 对某人克服困难的赞叹:“I can't imagine how you managed to balance work and study.”
  • 对某种情况的惊讶:“I can't imagine how they built such a tall building in just a year.”
  • 对某种情感的共鸣:“I can't imagine how you must be feeling after winning the competition.” 总之,“I can't imagine how” 是一个表达惊讶、钦佩或难以理解的有力工具,帮助我们在交流中传达更深层次的情感和反应。
  • Today's Sentences

    01

    I can’t imagine how busy you are.

    Situation 1

    Are you still at work?

    你还在工作吗?

    Yes, I think I’ll be here for a while.

    是的,我想我会在这里待一段时间。

    I can’t imagine how busy you are.
    I hope you can squeeze in a meal.

    我无法想象你有多忙…
    希望你能抽空吃顿饭。

    I’m just going to grab a bit now.
    I’ll call you on my way home.

    我现在要去吃点东西。
    我回家路上会给你打电话。

    Situation 2

    How have you and your family been?

    你和你的家人最近怎么样?

    We've been doing well.
    It’s been a little stressful balancing work and the kids.

    我们一直过得不错。
    在工作和照顾孩子之间找到平衡有点压力。

    I can’t imagine how busy you are.

    我无法想象您有多忙。

    Hopefully we can fit in a getaway when the kids go on break.

    希望孩子们放假时,我们能安排一次短途旅行。

    02

    I can’t imagine how angry you felt.

    Situation 1

    So the environment agency never responded to my email.

    所以环境署从未回复过我的电子邮件。

    Wasn’t the oil spill a serious issue?
    It’s been a while.

    油泄漏不是一个严重问题吗?
    已经有一段时间了。

    I might have given them a call but it’s unlikely that they would have acted on it.

    我可能给他们打过电话,但他们不太可能会采取行动。

    I can’t imagine how angry you felt and how angry the community must have been.

    我无法想象你当时有多生气,以及社区肯定有多愤怒。

    Situation 2

    My girlfriend’s parents were against our marriage.

    我女朋友的父母反对我们的婚姻。

    Why?

    为什么?

    I think it was because of my religion.

    我想这可能是因为我的宗教信仰。

    Of all things, I can’t imagine how angry you felt.

    在所有事情中,我无法想象你有多生气。

    03

    I can’t imagine how sad you must be.

    Situation 1

    How are you doing?

    你怎么样?

    I’m doing better.
    I’m still in shock with what happened.

    我现在好些了。
    我仍然对发生的事情感到震惊。

    I can’t imagine how sad you must be.
    Losing someone so special without notice, I’m so sorry.

    我无法想象你有多么伤心。
    失去如此特别的人而没有任何预兆,我很抱歉。

    Life goes on, I’m still adjusting to a new life but I'm sure it'll get better over time.

    生活还在继续,我仍在适应新的生活,但我相信随着时间的推移,一切都会好起来的。

    Situation 2

    I can’t imagine how sad you must be.

    我无法想象你有多么伤心。

    She was with me for 15 years.

    她和我在一起15年了。

    My cat is 9 years old and I can’t imagine my days without her.

    我的猫已经9岁了,我无法想象没有她的日子。

    Pets are truly a part of our family.
    They give us such comfort and love.

    宠物确实是我们家庭的一部分。
    它们给我们带来了如此多的安慰和爱。

    04

    I can’t imagine how much you miss him.

    Situation 1

    Will you get another dog?

    您会再养一只狗吗?

    I don’t know if I really want to raise another dog yet.

    我还不知道自己是否真的想再养一只狗。

    I can’t imagine how much you miss him.

    我无法想象你有多想念他。

    I have a feeling I may never recover from this sadness.

    我感觉我可能永远无法从这种悲伤中恢复。

    Situation 2

    I can’t imagine how much you miss him.

    我无法想象你有多想念他。

    I loved my grandfather.
    We used to call him Pop Pop.

    我爱我的祖父。
    我们常常叫他Pop Pop。

    You must have been close with him.

    您一定和他很亲近。

    Yes, we used to cook together and he would read books to me at night.

    是的,我们过去常常一起做饭,他晚上会给我读书。

    05

    I can’t imagine how painful it must have been.

    Situation 1

    I brought you some soup.

    我给你带了一些汤。

    Thank you so much.

    非常感谢您。

    How is your leg?
    I can’t imagine how painful it must have been.

    你的腿怎么样了?
    我无法想象那有多痛。

    I’m doing much better.
    I won’t lie though, it was really painful before the surgery.

    我现在好多了。
    不过说实话,手术前真的很痛苦。

    Situation 2

    How are you doing after the accident?

    事故后你感觉怎么样?

    I’m doing much better.
    I’ve been going to physiotherapy for a few months now.

    我现在好多了。
    我已经去做了几个月的物理治疗。

    I can’t imagine how painful it must have been.

    我无法想象那该有多痛苦。

    Learning how to navigate with a prosthetic leg has been an obstacle.

    学习如何使用假肢行走一直是个障碍。

    Writer's Note

    What kind of situations have you experienced that were shocking or unbelievable? What kind of life events have you gone through that were anticipated or unanticipated? At any point in our lives, young or old, we go through certain life events that are worth celebrating and some that make us sad and grieve. We usually use the phrase "I can't imagine" to express sympathy and give someone a chance to share their emotions.

    您曾经历过哪些令您震惊或难以置信的情况?您曾经历过哪些预料之中或意料之外的人生事件?无论我们身处人生的哪个阶段,无论年轻还是年老,我们都会经历一些值得庆祝的人生事件,以及一些令我们感到悲伤和哀悼的事件。我们通常使用“我无法想象”这个短语来表达同情,并给予他人一个分享情感的机会。

    When I lost my father to cancer, a lot of people sent their regards by saying:

    当我因癌症失去父亲时,很多人向我表达了他们的关心:“
    1. I can't imagine the pain you're going through. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    2. 我无法想象你正在经历的痛苦。对于你的失去,我深感抱歉。
    3. I can't imagine losing a family member so suddenly. You'll get through this.
    4. 我无法想象如此突然地失去一位家人。你会挺过去的。
    5. I can't imagine losing my dad. You must be going through so much right now.
    6. 我无法想象失去父亲。您现在一定承受着巨大的痛苦。
    7. I can't imagine the weight of the situation. Please know that I'm here for you.
    8. 我无法想象这种情况的分量。请相信,我会支持你。

    A phrase similar to "I can't imagine" is "I can only imagine". This phrase is used to express empathy with someone's feelings without claiming to know exactly what they are feeling. It allows the person to share what they are feeling at the moment. When you haven’t experienced the circumstances in question, one finds the very concept beyond one's powers of imagination.

    类似于“I can't imagine”的短语是“我只能想象”。这个短语用来表达对某人感受的同情,而不是声称确切知道他们的感受。它让对方可以分享他们当下的感受。当你没有经历过相关情况时,人们会发现这个概念超出了自己的想象力。
    1. I can only imagine what you and your family are going through.
    2. 我无法想象您和您的家人正在经历什么。
    3. I can only imagine the pain you are feeling. My thoughts go out to you.
    4. 我无法想象你正在经历的痛苦。我的心与你同在。
    5. I can only imagine the shock and disbelief that you must be feeling.
    6. 我可以想象您一定感到非常震惊和难以置信。
    7. I can only imagine the severity of the situation.
    8. 我只能想象这种情况的严重性。

    They seem similar but it would be wise NOT to use the phrase I can only imagine regarding a death. It would be more polite and kind to express sympathy or regret through "I can't imagine".

    它们看起来相似,但在谈论死亡时,最好不要使用短语“I can only imagine”。表达同情或遗憾时,用“I can't imagine”会更礼貌和友善。
    Keep on

    Keep on

    “Keep on”意为继续,常用于鼓励或要求某人坚持做某事。
    13 11 月, 2025 Read More
    Drop by

    Drop by

    “Drop by”意思是顺便拜访,用于不事先约定的短暂停留。
    19 2 月, 2025 Read More
    You must be looking

    You must be looking

    “you must be looking”的意思是“你一定在…
    25 12 月, 2024 Read More

    Leave a Reply


    0:00
    0:00