Meaning

「I’m in the middle of」是一個常見的英語表達,表示某人在進行某項活動或處於某個過程中。這個短語的使用可以傳達出一種忙碌或專注的狀態,通常用來告知他人自己正在做某事,無法分心。 用途範例: - 當有人打電話給你,而你正在工作時,你可以說:「I’m in the middle of a meeting.」表示你正在開會,無法分身。 - 如果朋友邀請你出門,而你正在閱讀一本書,你可以回答:「I’m in the middle of reading a book.」這樣對方就會了解你正專注於閱讀。 這個表達通常會接一個動名詞或名詞,來具體說明正在進行的事情。例如:「I’m in the middle of cooking dinner.」意指你正在做晚餐。 使用「I’m in the middle of」可以讓對話對象清楚知道你當下的狀態,並且在需要時禮貌地拒絕其他邀約或要求。

Today's Sentences

01

I'm in the middle of dinner.

Situation 1

Can you help me do my homework?

你可以幫我做我的作業嗎?

I'm in the middle of dinner.

我正在吃晚餐。

Ok, can we look over it after you’re done?

好的,我們可以在你完成後再看看嗎?

Of course.

當然。

Situation 2

I’d like you to send an email to the head supervisor.

我希望你寄一封電子郵件給主管。

I'm in the middle of dinner.

我正在吃晚餐。

I’m sorry, would you be able to send it after?

對不起,您能夠稍後再寄送嗎?

Yes, I’ll be sure to do that.

好的,我一定會做到的。

02

I’m in the middle of doing my homework.

Situation

Can you help me fold the laundry?

你可以幫我摺衣服嗎?

I'm in the middle of doing my homework.

我正在做我的功課。

Come and help when you’re done then.

來幫忙當你完成之後。

I will.

以下是翻譯內容: I will.

03

I’m in the middle of writing an email.

Situation 1

Let’s have lunch!

讓我們一起吃午餐吧!

I'm in the middle of writing an email.

我正在撰寫一封電子郵件。

When are you on lunch then?

您什麼時候吃午餐呢?

As soon as I send this email out.

當我發送這封電子郵件後。

04

I’m in the middle of practicing the guitar.

Situation 1

Come and play with our ensemble tonight!

今晚來參加我們的合奏表演吧!

Actually, I'm in the middle of practicing the guitar.

其實,我正在練習彈吉他。

I didn’t know you were busy.

我不知道你很忙。

Yes, I have a recital tomorrow.

是的,我明天有一場演奏會。

Situation 2

Wanna watch a movie tonight?

想今晚看電影嗎?

I’d love to but I'm in the middle of practicing the guitar.

我很想去,但我正在練習吉他。

Oh, that’s too bad.

哦,那真是太糟糕了。

Maybe next time!

也許下次吧!

05

I’m in the middle of doing something.

Situation 1

I need you to wash the dishes and do the laundry.

我需要你洗碗和洗衣服。

I'm in the middle of doing something.

我正忙於做某事。

Is it important?

這重要嗎?

It is and it would be nice if you asked more politely next time.

以下是翻譯的內容: 這樣很好,如果下次能更禮貌地詢問就更好了。

Situation 2

Let’s have a quick meeting.

讓我們快速開個會。

I'm in the middle of doing something.

我正忙於做某事。

Is it urgent?

這很緊急嗎?

Yes it is, can you reschedule the meeting at another time?

是的,可以將會議重新安排在其他時間嗎?

Writer’s Note

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been interrupted while I was in the middle of doing something. It could have been at work while I was super focused or it could have been when I was at home making dinner and both kids were telling me something at the same time. It could have been while I was listening to music or doing dishes and for some reason, the phone rings at the same time the kids are fighting and your partner is asking you a question. Ah.. life. Gets so crazy sometimes but now you know the perfect phrase to tell your coworkers or family that you’re busy. In a nice way.

我無法告訴你我有多少次在做某件事情的時候被打斷。可能是在工作時我非常專注,或者是在家裡做晚餐的時候,兩個孩子同時告訴我一些事情。也可能是在我聽音樂或洗碗的時候,電話響了,同時孩子們在吵架,而你的伴侶又在問你一個問題。啊,生活。有時候真的很瘋狂,但現在你知道了一句完美的話,可以用來告訴你的同事或家人你很忙。以一種友好的方式。

Sometimes English sentences seem extra long but treat longer sentences as chunks for example, "I’m in the middle of" is one chunk and the rest of the sentence is another.

有時候,英文句子看起來特別長,但可以將較長的句子視為幾個部分,例如,「I'm in the middle of」是一個部分,而句子的其餘部分則是另一部分。
That's the best thing about

That's the best thing about

「That's the best thing about」意...
20 9 月, 2024 Read More
I'm good at

I'm good at

「I'm good at」意思是「我擅長」,用於描述自己在某...
2 10 月, 2024 Read More
I'm sorry to

I'm sorry to

「I'm sorry to」是表示歉意的常用英語表達,用於表...
19 6 月, 2024 Read More

Leave a Reply


0:00
0:00