Meaning

「I think we'd better」這個表達在英語中常用於建議或提示某人採取某種行動。它通常表達說話者認為某個行動是明智或必要的。這個表達由「I think」和「we'd better」組成。
  • I think:這部分表示個人的想法或意見,讓語氣更加柔和。
  • We'd better:這是「we had better」的縮寫,表示迫切性或建議,通常是為了避免不好的結果或麻煩。
使用「I think we'd better」時,通常暗示如果不採取建議的行動,可能會有不良後果。例如:

「I think we'd better leave now, or we'll miss the train.」意思是「我認為我們最好現在就走,不然會錯過火車。」這句話建議立即行動以避免錯過火車的情況。

這個表達方式柔和且禮貌,適合用在需要給出建議但不想顯得強勢的情況下。

Today's Sentences

01

I think we’d better wait.

Situation 1

The cake shop is busy today.

蛋糕店今天很忙。

I think we’d better wait, there’s a line in front.

我覺得我們最好等一下,前面有排隊。

I’ve never seen it this busy.

我從未見過這麼忙碌。

Business seems good.

Business seems good.」業務似乎很好。

Situation 2

How long did they say it would take?

他們說會花多長時間?

For battery replacements they say 30 minutes.

電池更換需要約 30 分鐘。

I think we’d better wait.

我認為我們最好等一下。

Yes, let’s wait and then go for lunch after.

是的,讓我們先等一會兒,然後再去吃午餐。

02

I think we’d better try harder.

Situation 1

You’ve been late to practice every day this week.

您這週每天都遲到練習。

Sorry coach.

抱歉,教練。

Punctuality is just as important as discipline and respect.
I think we’d better try harder.

準時和紀律及尊重同樣重要。
我認為我們應該更加努力。

I'll try to be at practice on time.

我會盡量準時參加練習。

Situation 2

Our IVF cycle failed this time.

我們這次的試管嬰兒療程失敗了。

It’s ok.
Let’s try another round.

沒關係。
我們再試一次。

I think we’d better try harder.

我認為我們最好更加努力。

Having a baby is important but I think we should practice self-care too.

生小孩很重要,但我認為我們也應該注重自我照顧。

03

I think we’d better give up.

Situation 1

It’s here somewhere!

就在這裡的某個地方!

We’ve been looking for your keys everywhere.

我們到處找你的鑰匙。

It’s here, I know it.

它就在這裡,我知道的。

I think we’d better give up.

我認為我們最好放棄。

Situation 2

I can’t find it anywhere, I’ve been looking for the past hour.

我找了一個小時,哪裡都找不到。

I can’t believe you lost our wedding ring.

我真不敢相信你把我們的婚戒弄丟了。

It’s here, don’t worry.

在這裡,別擔心。

I think we’d better give up.

我認為我們最好放棄。

04

I think we’d better change the subject.

Situation 1

I can’t believe you just said that.

我無法相信你剛剛說了那句話。

I didn’t mean it that way.

我不是那個意思。

I think we’d better change the subject, I’m getting annoyed.

我想我們最好換個話題,我快要被惹惱了。

Let’s talk about something else then.

那麼我們來談談其他事情吧。

Situation 2

Can I borrow some money?

「Can I borrow some money?」

I think we’d better change the subject.

我認為我們最好換個話題。

Why?

為什麼?

I don’t lend money to my close friends.
It gets messy.

我不借錢給我的親密朋友。
這可能會變得很麻煩。

05

I think we’d better eat more vegetables.

Situation 1

Did you get your lab results back?

你收到你的檢驗結果了嗎?

Yes, I’ve got high cholesterol levels.

是的,我的膽固醇水平很高。

I think we’d better eat more vegetables.

我認為我們最好多吃蔬菜。

Diet and exercise is the answer I guess.

飲食和運動是答案吧,我想。

Situation 2

I keep getting a cold.

我總是感冒。

I think we’d better eat more vegetables.

我認為我們最好多吃蔬菜。

I think that’s a good idea.

我認為這是個好主意。

More fruits, veggies, and some exercise.

更多水果、蔬菜,以及一些運動。

Writer's Note

Other uses:

其他用途:

"had better" + infinitive without "to" for giving advice.

"had better" + infinitive without 「to」 用於給予建議。
  1. You'd better tell her the truth.
  2. 你最好告訴她事實。
  3. He'd better be on time for our date.
  4. 他最好準時到達我們的約會地點。
  5. I'd better get back to my homework.
  6. 我最好還是回去做我的作業。

"had better not" for negative form.

「had better not」表示否定形式。
  1. You'd better not lie next time.
  2. 下次最好不要說謊。
  3. He'd better not spend all that money.
  4. 他最好不要把所有的錢都花光。
  5. I'd better not make empty promises.
  6. 我最好不要做出空頭支票。

You're doing great! All this work will pay off in the future. Cheers🍻!

您做得很好!所有這些努力將來會有回報的。加油!
I could use

I could use

「I could use」意思是「我需要」,用於表達需要某物...
28 10 月, 2024 Read More
Take back

Take back

「Take back」的意思是收回,用於收回先前說過或做過的...
13 7 月, 2025 Read More
Fall apart

Fall apart

「Fall apart」意指瓦解或崩潰,常用於描述事物失去控...
1 9 月, 2025 Read More

Leave a Reply


0:00
0:00